How It Works
Placing an order to sell your books to FacultyBooks.com is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Get a Quote - We pay top dollar for college textbooks, instructor's editions, complimentary copies and study guides. Click here to view definitions on book condition!
- Ship Your Books - We supply you with free shipping and we even send you free boxes and packing materials (at your request).
- Get Your Money - It's important to us that you get paid fast, whether payment is via check, PayPal or Direct Deposit.
First Time FacultyBooks Customers:
Below are a few steps to help you get started searching for textbooks, selling your textbook(s), and shipping.
Step 1: Enter Search Criteria
Enter the ISBN of the textbook (10 or 13 characters) you wish to sell in the search area (Top Middle of each page). Remember, the more narrow your author/title search, the better the results.
You can search for a price at anytime during your visit, from any page.
The "Search Results" page will display book information and pricing. If there is no price displayed, this means we are not buying that particular title at this time.
All shipments become property of Facultybooks.com. There is no return of merchandise.
Step 2: Begin Selling Your Textbooks
Search titles as instructed in Step 1. You must determine the condition of the textbook you are selling. New condition means clean and pristine. The results displayed will show either a price offer for new, used, and instructors edition (if available), or tell you we are not buying the book. Click on the "Add to Cart" button next to the condition you have to sell. If you do not wish to sell the retrieved title, simply start a new search.
A running dollar total will be maintained to the right of the "Cart". Repeat this process until you have finished adding titles to the "Cart".
If you have a quantity of more than 1 book, and 5 or less, simply use the drop down menu for quantity to place the total number of books.
To finish, click on "Log In and Sell Now" at the bottom of the page, "Sell Your Books Now" to the right of the cart contents, or the images of the Shopping Cart..
If you have not logged in yet, you will be prompted to do so. If you are a new customer, you will be prompted to create an account. Email address is required. Information used in the account creation will be used to contact you. Please provide accurate name and address information. Once you are successfully signed in or your account is created, return to the selling basket and follow the "Sell Your Books" button again.
Clicking the "Sell Your Books Now" button takes you to “My Shopping Cart”.
If you are returning to the site, you can choose to create your cart only with these new items to sell, or merge the items with a prior cart. Once you make your selection, you will be returned to “My Shopping Cart”.
Click the “Sell Now” button & you will be taken to the Checkout page, to confirm your order.
Select the appropriate payment delivery method of your payment. Direct Deposit is the default and is the fastest and is free of charge. You may also select PayPal or Standard First Class Mail through the United States Post Office mail, both also are free of charge. Should you want your payment faster, simply select the option and the fee will be deducted from your payment total.
You may also request a free customer care package. This check box is also below your name and address information.
Please verify payment name and address as well as the care package delivery address. Select the payment delivery method of your choice, and then click the "Checkout" button.
Step 3: Final Steps
Once you have clicked the "Sell Now" button, you are ready to finalize your quote. If you have not logged in, you will be prompted to create an account. You must create an account to complete the sell order. Please verify payment name and address as well as the care package delivery address. Select the payment delivery method of your choice, then click the "Checkout" button. The Thank You Page will display. Click on the "Print Packing Slip" button to print a copy of your packing slip for your shipment. You can also print shipping instructions and generic shipping labels if you need them. Make sure you have 2 (two) copies of your packing slip, one for the box and one for your records.
- Pack your books in a new sturdy heavy duty shipping container(no reused boxes or envelopes), enclose one copy of the packing slip, and seal the box with suitable tape. For detailed shipping information, click here.
- If you requested a FacultyBooks.com Customer Care Package, wait for its arrival and follow the packing instructions provided. If you forgot to order a care package during your sell order you can follow these steps to request one.
- Login to FacultyBooks.com
- Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page
- Scroll to the bottom of the "My Profile" page and click on the "Request Customer Care Package" button
- Securely affix the address label to the top of the box.
- Take the package to the nearest parcel point for shipping.
NOTE: You MUST include all cd's, disks, booklets and other text supplements with your shipment. Click here for answers to more of your questions.